JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. (KDVR) – The on and off ramps of Interstate 70 westbound at Ward Road will be closed starting Thursday evening, the Colorado Department of Transportation announced Tuesday.
The full closure is scheduled from Thursday at 9 p.m. to Monday, June 14 at 5:30 a.m.
- Detour signage will be in place to direct motorists to alternate routes.
- To bypass the closures motorists can exit westbound I-70 at Exit 267 (Kipling Street) or Exit 265 (CO 58 to Golden)
- To access westbound I-70, motorists will be directed to the Frontage Road north of the ramps to Kipling.
- Alternatively, motorists can take 44th Avenue, then east to the I-70 interchange.
- Motorists can expect short delays and an estimated 10 minutes or 4 miles added to drive times.
- Lane closures and other traffic notices are posted weekly on COTrip.org.
The closure is part of safety and traffic operations improvements including wider ramps, new pavement, ramp meters and signs.
The project began in March and is expected to last until late October, according to CDOT.