This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

THORNTON, Colo. — A second victim of the shooting at a Thornton Walmart store that left three people dead has been identified.

Carlos Moreno, 66 of Thornton, was killed during Wednesday night’s shooting, his employer said Thursday.

Moreno was a structural trades technician at Auraria Higher Education Center.

“Carlos is going to be missed,” said Blaine Nickeson, chief of staff at Auraria who knew Moreno. “Basically, he was sort of a jack-of-all-trades.”

For 18 years, Moreno worked on campus. While he loved his job, he loved his family more.

“He would give the shirt off his own back for anybody,” said Eddie Moreno, Carlos’ nephew.

“Carlos was a good husband, father, grandfather, cousin, friend, man,” Susie Lucero wrote on Facebook. “I am blessed to have had you in my life.”

Moreno, his wife and daughter were shopping inside the Walmart when they got separated.

They tried to reach Moreno after they heard the shots ring out. Later, they found out he was one of three people who didn’t make it.

“His family was No. 1 in his life. He always put God first, his kids,” Eddie Moreno said.

On Wednesday just after 6 p.m., the Thornton Police Department said 47-year-old Scott Ostrem walked into the Walmart store at 9901 Grant St. and and “nonchalantly” began firing with a handgun.

Moreno and Victor Vasquez, 26 of Denver, were pronounced dead at the scene. Pamela Marques, 52 of Denver, was taken to a hospital but later was pronounced dead.

A GoFundMe page has been set up for Moreno’s family.

On Thursday morning, a SWAT team went into an apartment in unincorporated Adams County that was believed to be connected to Ostrem.

A citizen tip led police to the apartment. The SWAT team went into the apartment at 7121 Samuel Drive but Ostrem was not found.

Just before 8 a.m., the 2017 red, four-door Mitsubishi Mirage associated with Ostrem drove past the apartment complex.

Law enforcement quickly took off and followed the vehicle, stopping it at West 72nd Avenue and Federal Boulevard where Ostrem was apprehended without incident.