According to AAA, the current average for a gallon of regular gas is $3.34. Last week, the average price for a gallon of regular fuel was $3.08.
|Week Ago Avg.||$3.085||$3.421||$3.726||$4.276|
|Month Ago Avg.||$2.908||$3.267||$3.545||$4.476|
|Year Ago Avg.||$3.293||$3.626||$3.905||$3.378|
The national average for a regular gallon of gas is $3.30.
“As we head toward February, pump prices will likely dip, barring any jolt in the global oil market,” said Andrew Gross, AAA spokesperson. “But it is likely that the national average prices we saw heading in to Christmas may have been the lows for this winter.”
Cheapest places for a gallon of gas in Colorado
Here is a look at the 10 cheapest places to get a regular gallon of fuel in the state as of 10:30 a.m. Monday, according to GasBuddy:
- Sinclair– Greeley: $2.95
- U Pump It– Greeley: $3.09
- Conoco & 7-Eleven– Aurora: $3.19
- Sam’s Club– Thornton: $3.34
- Conoco & Alta Convenience– Pueblo: $3.39
- Pump N Save– Littleton: $3.39
- Midwest Gas & Grocery– Fort Morgan: $3.39
- Sam’s Club– Aurora: $3.39
- Sam’s Club– Evans: $3.39
- Hometown Gas & Grill– Eads: $3.39
The lowest price for a gallon of regular gas in Colorado is $2.95.