EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. (KDVR) — Three years after an 11-year-old Colorado boy’s murder, a jury found his stepmother, Letecia Stauch, guilty on all counts.
A judge sentenced her to life without parole. FOX31 sat down one on one with Gannon Stauch’s biological mother, Landen Bullard, just hours after the verdict.
Bullard invited FOX31 into her El Paso County home. After three years, five long weeks of testimony and an agonizing weekend of waiting for this verdict, Monday was unlike any feeling she said she’s ever been through.
Bullard recalled some of the most difficult parts of the trial, including at one point when Letecia Stauch “imitates his last breath. That really got to me. I think that was a huge jab and it just shows you how evil a person can be,” Bullard said.
“She is the definition of coward and evil in my eyes,” Bullard said.
FOX31 expects to speak one on one Tuesday with Gannon’s father, Al Stauch, and the district attorney.
Watch parts of the interview with Landon Bullard in the video player above.
Read FOX31’s coverage of the trial:
- ‘She was killing the demons in her life’: Sanity the focus in Stauch murder trial
- Jury hears FBI-recorded calls between Letecia Stauch and Gannon’s father
- ‘You’re trying to put me 6 feet under’: Stauch’s phone calls played at trial
- Week 1 of Stauch trial ends with physical evidence, texts
- Hydrocodone found during Gannon Stauch’s autopsy
- Letecia Stauch’s daughter testifies in murder trial
- Experts testify about blood evidence in Gannon Stauch’s room
- Letecia Stauch’s web searches revealed as murder trial nears end
- Jury deciding fate of Letecia Stauch in murder of 11-year-old stepson
- Letecia Stauch found guilty of murdering stepson Gannon, sentenced to life
- Family, judge give emotional statements in Letecia Stauch trial