13 displaced in Lakewood apartment fire

Local News

LAKEWOOD, Colo. (KDVR) — Firefighters said 13 people were displaced on Monday evening after a fire tore through two floors of a Lakewood apartment complex.

The fire was reported in the 200 block of Zang Street, just east of Red Rocks Community College.

Fire investigators found the fire started in some bushes outside the building, according to West Metro Fire Rescue. All residents were able to escape the fire without reported injuries.

Firefighters rescued one cat that was reunited with its owner.

The American Red Cross was on scene to help people displaced by the fire.

Fire investigators said Monday night they would continue to check for any gas leaks or other dangers before anyone would be allowed back into the building.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Most Read

Top Stories