Fire sparks at home under construction in Denver, spreads to neighboring apartment building

Local News

DENVER (KDVR) — A home under construction caught fire Monday morning just before 4 a.m. It happened on Xavier Street near 14th Avenue and Sheridan Boulevard. 

Bob Kmak, shift commander with Denver Fire, said the fire started in the unfinished building and moved to a home where people were living. 

No injuries were reported.

There was severe damage to the neighboring apartment including several broken windows and smoke damage. 

Xcel Energy had to cut power to the immediate area so fire crews could work safely.

Crews have not yet determined the cause of the fire. 

Note: Denver fire initially reported the location as Yates Street but have since corrected the location to Xavier Street.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Most Read

Top Stories