Fire destroys Mexican restaurant in Lakewood

Local
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LAKEWOOD, Colo. — A Mexican restaurant in Lakewood was destroyed in a fire early Monday morning, West Metro Fire Rescue said.

The fire was at Carniceria Los Tapatios near West First Avenue and North Harlan Street was called in by a passerby, officials said.

The building was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived. The roof partially collapsed and the building is considered to be a total loss.

A preliminary investigation found an electrical malfunction in a refrigeration unit started the fire. It’s considered to be accidental.

No injuries were reported.

Most Read

Top Stories

More Home Page Top Stories