Man burned while escaping fire at duplex in Denver

Local
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

DENVER -- One person was burned while escaping from a fire in a duplex in southwest Denver on Tuesday afternoon.

It happened in the 2200 block of West Jewell Avenue.

A Denver Fire Department spokesman said that person was initially stuck inside the duplex, but was able to get out.

“Once I pulled up to the driveway and got out of the car, as soon as I got out of the car I heard the glass break and the gentleman toppled out of the window," a neighbor said.

"He was covered in smoke and his hands all bloody and his hands were up. So, the first thing I said was how can I help you? And he said, 'I need to get away, like as far away from this place as possible.'”

The man was taken to a hospital.

There were reports a Molotov cocktail might have something to do with how the fire started, but investigators had not confirmed that information.

Most Read

Top Stories

More Home Page Top Stories