DOUGLAS COUNTY, Colo. — Firefighters worked to contain a a wildfire in Douglas County on Wednesday that was started by a discarded cigarette butt, South Metro Fire Rescue said.
About 1:15 p.m., three units responded to assist the Jackson 105 Fire District to fight the fire.
The fire burned near Colorado Highway 105 and Jackson Creek Road. The area is south of Sedalia and southwest of Castle Rock in central Douglas County.
3 Units from SMFR are responding to assist Jackson 105 Fire District with a wildland fire near Highway 105 and Jackson Creek Road in Douglas County.
— South Metro Fire Rescue (@SouthMetroPIO) June 27, 2018
Crews were able to contain the fire to one-quarter acre. No structures were threatened and there were no injuries reported.
Littleton crews are mopping up a contained 1/4 acre grass fire off Sante Fe south of Mineral Ave. No structures were threatened, no injuries reported. The fire appears to have been started by a discarded cigarette butt. Southbound Sante Fe traffic is slow in area. pic.twitter.com/0zy1XmlYQa
— Inactive Account Please Follow @SouthMetroPIO (@Littleton_Fire) June 27, 2018