DENVER (KDVR) — Colorado has 93 known thermal areas, and one of the top hot springs in the country is only a three-hour drive and a short hike from Denver.
The year-round hot spring has five pools that vary from cool water to 104 degrees. Even in the summer, the hot spring is comfortable because the pools are at different temperatures.
You can decide which pool feels best for you.
The hot spring offers two-hour day passes as well as overnight cabins. It’s family-friendly during the day, but at night no minors are allowed as it turns into a clothing-optional soak.
Here’s the full list of the top 10 best hot springs in the country:
- Berkeley Springs State Park – Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
- Hot Springs State Park – Thermopolis, Wyoming
- McCredie Hot Springs – Willamette National Forest, Oregon
- Travertine Hot Springs – Bridgeport, California
- Strawberry Park Hot Springs – Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- Boquillas Hot Springs – Big Bend National Park, Texas
- Verde Hot Springs – Yavapai County, Arizona
- Umpqua Hot Springs – Idleyld Park, Oregon
- Granite Hot Springs – Jackson, Wyoming
- Black Rock Hot Springs – Black Rock Desert, Nevada
If you’re looking to spend a weekend away relaxing, make a reservation and check out the hot spring and the surrounding trails in Steamboat.