DENVER (KDVR) — There are hundreds of unsolved homicide cases, long-term missing person cases, and unidentified remains cases in Colorado where at least three years have passed since the crime happened.
Who murdered Dawn DeHerrera 19 years ago?
DPD said officers responded to a massage parlor at 2785 Speer Boulevard. When they arrived, they found the body of DeHerrera.
Police never released the circumstances surrounding DeHerrera’s death, but her case was classified as a homicide.
No suspect information has ever been released.
DeHerrera was listed as 31-years-old at the time of her murder.
If you know something about what happened to DeHerrera, you can help investigators by calling the Denver Police Department at 720-913-2000. You can also contact the Metro Denver Crime Stoppers anonymously at 720-913-7867 and be eligible for a reward up to $2,000.
Highlighting cold cases in Colorado
Here are some of the other cases we’ve highlighted:
- Cold case: Who murdered Maggie Long 1,651 days ago?
- Cold case: What happened to Elizabeth Miller 40 years ago?
- Cold case: Who kidnapped Christopher Abeyta 35 years ago?
- Cold case: Who killed JonBenét Ramsey 25 years ago?
- Cold case: Who killed Jessica Bejarano 15 years ago
- Cold case: Where is Terri Ackerman?
- Cold case: Who killed Richard Elliott at a grocery store 23 years ago?
- ‘Don’t ever give up hope’: Cold case: Who killed Edward Steinbach?
- Cold Case: Who killed Denise Davenport 37 years ago?
- Cold case: Who murdered James O’Neal Johnson 23 years ago?
- Cold case: Where is Jennifer Lynn Marcum?
- 18 people remain unidentified in Denver since 1970
If you ever have a cold case you would like us to feature, please fill out this form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org :
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System shows there are currently 21,556 open missing persons cases in the United States and over 300 in Colorado.