CASTLE ROCK, Colo. (KDVR) — UPDATE (2:57 p.m.): After a thorough hours-long investigation, Castle Rock police officers found the threat to be non-credible, officials report. CRPD says the school is safe and there is no danger to the school community.
An investigation into the incident continues and no arrests have been made.
For information on how to pick-up your student’s belongings at the school, visit the Douglas County School District (@dcsdk12) Facebook page.
ORIGINAL: Students at Castle View High School are being dismissed following a possible bomb threat.
School leaders said they immediately contacted Castle Rock police and began the normal evacuation procedure.
Police are investigating the credibility of the threat as well as providing security for students.
As of 11:30 a.m., students are being dismissed.
- Students who drive to school and have their keys will be dismissed immediately
- Students who drive to school and do not have their keys will need to find another way home
- Students who walk to school will be dismissed immediately
- Students who ride the bus will be dropped off at their normal bus stops
- Students who are driven to school should be picked up at Castle Rock Middle School