DENVER (KDVR) — If you are making weekend plans and are looking for a bar or distillery to stop at, Wine Enthusiast Magazine recently put together a list of eight bucket list drink spots around the world.
“Add these eight stops to your travel bucket list, plus a few bonus ones, for memorable drinking experiences you won’t find anywhere else,” Wine Enthusiast shared.
One of those places is located right here in Colorado. Breckenridge Distillery was listed as the
“The distillery is worth a visit for its selection of bourbon and other whiskeys, art-filled restaurant and cocktail bar,” Wine Enthusiast explained.
Breckenridge Distillery is located at 1925 Airport Rd. in Breckenridge. While there, you can take a tour, enjoy a tasting, or grab food and a cocktail.
“Our goal is to give people local, seasonal and approachable dishes that impart not only the fantastic spirits of Breckenridge Distillery but also our upscale mountain dining experience,” Breck Distillery shared.
Bucket list drink spots
Here are the other places on the list:
- Highest altitude: Breckenridge Distillery– Breckenridge, Colorado
- Longest bar in the world: Nearest Green Distillery in Shelbyville, Tennessee
- Lowest altitude: M&H Whisky Distillery– Tel Aviv, Israel
- Most athletic: High West Distillery & Saloon– Park City, Utah
- Most historic: Bols– Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Most remote: Myken Distillery – Myken, Norway
- Most theatrical: Lost Spirits Distillery– Las Vegas, Nevada
- Most young-at-heart: J. Rieger & Co.– Kansas City, Missouri
Four bourbon bars in Colorado were also recently named some of the best in the western half of the United States.