The funds will be granted to the Colorado Organization for Victims Assistance to distribute to the families evenly.
The Boulder County Crisis Fund was established by Community Foundation Boulder County to support those directly and indirectly affected by the shooting.
“After the shooting, members of our community, true to form, wrapped their arms around each other. We hope this direct support to families will help ease their unimaginable loss,” said Tatiana Hernandez, CEO of Community Foundation Boulder County.
The Boulder County Crisis Fund has received donations from over 11,000 individuals raising nearly $1.6 million. The Community Foundation has put together an advisory committee to handle how the funds should be distributed.
The adviorsy commitee is made up of local community leaders:
- Kathleen Collins (KC) Becker – former Speaker, CO House of Representatives
- Violeta Chapin – Professor of Law, University of Colorado Boulder
- Dana Derichsweiler – Co-Owner, Walnut Cafe
- Nancy Feldman – Victims Advocate
- Richard Garcia – Member, Board of Education, Boulder Valley School District
- Elizabeth (Betsy) Hall – Associate Dean & Professor, Regis University
- Annett James – President, NAACP of Boulder County
- Robert (Bob) Lawhead – Policy Advisor, Colorado Developmental Disabilities Council
- Pedro Silva – Associate Minister, First Congregational UCC Boulder
- Marc Soloway- Rabbi, Bonai Shalom
- Gwyneth Whalen – former Judge, 20th Judicial District of Colorado
The funds will be used to donate to victims and families, those directly affected and the broader community.
Any donations made to the Boulder County Crisis Fund after May 31 will support the broader community.