DENVER (KDVR) — If you’re planning on getting outside for a hike to celebrate Memorial Day weekend and the kick off to summer, expect a warm weekend ahead.
Highs will be in the 70s and 80s with mostly dry conditions until Sunday afternoon.
Here are 10 hikes to take over Memorial Day weekend:
- Maxwell Falls– Evergreen- 4.4 miles roundtrip
- Red Rocks to Dakota Loop Trail: 6.4 miles roundtrip
- Carpenter Peak Trail-Roxborough State Park- 6.5 miles roundtrip
- Mount Falcon Castle Trail Loop– 6.7 miles roundtrip
- Chautauqua Trail– Boulder Open Space- 1.2 miles roundtrip
- Seven Bridges Trail– Manitou Springs- 3.5 miles roundtrip
- Windy Saddle Lookout Mountain Trail– 4.4 miles roundtrip
- Apex and Enchanted Forest Trail Loop– 5.5 miles roundtrip
- Spruce Mountain Trail– 5.5 miles roundtrip
- Eldorado Canyon Trail– 6.6 miles roundtrip
It’s important to #KnowBeforeYouGo. Colorado Parks and Wildlife has these tips:
- Anticipate what you will need for your activity and know your limits.
- Know which public lands allow dogs on trails, and which don’t.
- Know how to handle wildlife encounters. Understanding how to coexist with wildlife is an important part of a safe recreation experience.
- Plan for where you will park and have alternatives.
- Stay on the trail. Walk through mud to avoid widening the trail and damaging resources.
- Be careful with fire. Know that a fire can start from the smallest spark or prolonged heat on dry tinder. Remember to check local fire bans or restrictions.
- Review agency rules and regulations before heading to the trailhead as individual areas may have special restrictions or guidelines.
Be sure to download the free Pinpoint Weather App to stay up-to-date with the newest data as it comes in.