ADAMS COUNTY, Colo. (KDVR) — Deputies with the Adams County Sheriff’s Office responded to reports of a shooting outside of a house party early Saturday morning that left one person dead and seven others injured.

Investigators with the sheriff’s office said reports of shots being fired outside a residence on the block of 900 Dakin Street came in around 3 a.m. on Saturday and when first responders arrived, they discovered multiple victims who needed to be transported to a nearby hospital.

Upon arriving at the hospital, one of those gunshot victims was declared dead.

Now, the investigation has been picked up by Colorado’s 17th Judicial District Attorney’s Office.

“Due to the sensitivity of the case, the amount of info we continue to receive, and protecting the victims involved…,” Adams County Sheriff’s Office said in a Tweet. “We will release info when we can, but there will be an extended timeline.”

People have been asked to avoid the area at Greenwood Boulevard and Dakin Street as the investigation continues. The shooting was in the Sherrelwood vicinity of unincorporated Adams County.

Investigators search for suspect

suspect vehicle in deadly house party shooting
Suspect vehicle in deadly house party shooting

Now, the sheriff’s office is searching for the vehicle in this photograph. They believe that the suspect may have been in this vehicle, described as an early 2000s dark blue Chevrolet Tahoe.

If anyone has seen this car, or has any information that could help investigators locate the suspect within, please call 720-322-1313.

Father of teenage girl who was shot speaks with FOX31

A parent of one of the teenagers at the party, Denver resident David Bodnar, told FOX31, that “there was a shooting that occurred sometime after midnight in Adams County, where several teenage kids were attending a party, and a fight had occurred and eight to nine teenagers have been shot.”

“I’m one of the parents of one of the kids that have been shot and we are currently waiting outside of North Suburban Hospital in the parking lot, waiting for the hospital personnel and officers to let us in after waiting for the past five or six hours in the parking lot and not being let in the hospital,” Bodnar explained.

“My wife and I and our family are still here at the hospital, one of the other families and the child that got shot was transferred to another hospital and there are other families around that are with their children in the ICU,” Bodnar said later in the day.

FOX31 will update this story as soon as the agencies leading this investigation provide new information.