WELD COUNTY, Colo. -- A judge ended Tom Fallis’ yearlong effort to have his murder charge thrown out over alleged grand jury leaks to FOX31 Denver reporter Justin Joseph.
The judge ruled Friday after a hearing last month that the victim's mother did not violate her grand jury oath releasing secret information to Joseph.
RELATED: Full coverage of the Fallis case
In a stunning setback for Fallis’ defense team, the court made several findings including:
- “That there was no evidence Jenna Fox disclosed grand jury material to (FOX31)."
- "Jenna Fox was not the only source of information for (FOX31)."
- "(Ashley's mother) wanted secrecy because there were kids and officers involved."
- "(FOX31) was tenacious in their investigating. That's what they do."
- "I am not satisfied (FOX31) was out there based on unlawful disclosures to (the reporter)."
The case is cleared for trial early next year.