Neighbor rescues veteran from burning Lakewood home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Data pix.

LAKEWOOD, Colo. -- Fire officials say a Lakewood home is most likely a total loss after a fire Sunday afternoon. West Metro Fire Rescue said the fire happened on the 1300 block of South Depew Street.

Neighbors said a Vietnam War veteran owns the home. He was pulled from the house by a neighbor after the fire started.

West Metro said the homeowner was taken to a hospital. Neighbors said he is expected to be OK.

The owner's dog walked out of the home on its own.

West Metro said it believes the fire was started by a wood-burning stove.

Most Read

Top Stories

More Home Page Top Stories