Girl, 5, dies from accidental overdose

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LA PLATA COUNTY, Colo. — The medical examiner for La Plata County says five-year-old Kimber Michelle Brown died of an accidental overdose.

Officials say Brown had nearly two-and-a-half times the limit of an over-the-counter drug commonly used to treat cough.

Another drug used to treat cold and allergy symptoms was also detected at high levels in her system.

The girl was under the care of her grandmother when she died in early February.

The death is being called an accident.

Most Read

Top Stories

More Home Page Top Stories