Garage fire started by discarded fireworks in Loveland

News
Garage fire started by discarded fireworks in Loveland on July 4, 2015. (Photo: Loveland Fire Rescue)

Garage fire started by discarded fireworks in Loveland on July 4, 2015. (Photo: Loveland Fire Rescue)

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

  • Garage fire started by discarded fireworks in Loveland on July 4, 2015. (Photo: Loveland Fire Rescue)
  • Garage fire started by discarded fireworks in Loveland on July 4, 2015. (Photo: Loveland Fire Rescue)
  • Garage fire started by discarded fireworks in Loveland on July 4, 2015. (Photo: Loveland Fire Rescue)
  • Garage fire started by discarded fireworks in Loveland on July 4, 2015. (Photo: Loveland Fire Rescue)
  • Garage fire started by discarded fireworks in Loveland on July 4, 2015. (Photo: Loveland Fire Rescue)
  • Garage fire started by discarded fireworks in Loveland on July 4, 2015. (Photo: Loveland Fire Rescue)
  • Garage fire started by discarded fireworks in Loveland on July 4, 2015. (Photo: Loveland Fire Rescue)
  • Garage fire started by discarded fireworks in Loveland on July 4, 2015. (Photo: Loveland Fire Rescue)
  • Garage fire started by discarded fireworks in Loveland on July 4, 2015. (Photo: Loveland Fire Rescue)

LOVELAND, Colo. — A garage fire started on Saturday night around 9:35 pm from improperly discarded fireworks, fire investigators said.

The fire happened on 809 Essex Drive in Lakewood. When crews got to the scene they saw a 25-foot wall of fire burning the home’s garage, according to Loveland Fire Rescue Bat. Chief Michael Cerovski.

Investigators determined the fire started accidentally from improperly discarded fireworks.  The residents of the house weren’t home when the fire started.

After watching the Loveland fireworks show, the residents arrived back at home to find firefighters working to stop the fire, Chief Cerovski said.

The heat was a threat to a neighboring house, so crews put water on the neighbor’s house as well.

The fireworks recovered at the home were legal.

No one was injured in the fire. The home suffered extensive damage.

Most Read

Top Stories

More Home Page Top Stories