Fire damages Lakewood townhouse; one taken to hospital

News

Credit: West Metro Fire Rescue

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LAKEWOOD, Colo. — One person was taken to the hospital after a fire broke out at a Lakewood townhouse Tuesday night.

Shortly before 8:30 p.m., West Metro Fire Rescue said its crews were at the scene of a fire near the intersection of South Garrison Street and West Jewell Avenue.

West Metro said the person who was taken to the hospital was the only one in the home when the fire started. The flames were contained to the second-floor bedroom, but there is smoke damage throughout the townhouse.

Three people were displaced by the fire, which West Metro believes was likely caused by an electrical heater.

Most Read

Top Stories

More Home Page Top Stories