DENVER — It’s back to the future for another series of summer movies at Red Rocks.
Back to the Future will kick off the 2013 season announced Wednesday.
The Denver Film Society, led by FOTR Program Director Britta Erickson, picks the movies and this summer’s lineup has some interesting picks including Wet Hot American Summer and Die Hard.
“I think it’s a really great combination and caters to an array of generations,” said Karla Rodriguez, audience development and social media manager for FOTR. “It’s not just movies you want to bring your kids to — it’s movies you want you want to bring your parents to.”
Here is the lineup for the 2013 season:
- Wednesday, May 29 – Back To The Future
- Tuesday, June 04 – Risky Business
- Tuesday, June 11 – Wet Hot American Summer
- Tuesday, June 18 – Mean Girls
- Tuesday, June 25 – The Blues Brothers
- Tuesday, July 2 – Die Hard
- Tuesday, July 9 – Point Break
- Monday, July 15 – The Hunger Games
- Tuesday, July 23 – The Princess Bride
- Tuesday, August 13 – Rocky Horror Picture Show
“On June 4, we’re playing Risky Business for the film’s thirtieth anniversary, so you get a little Tom Cruise before he went crazy,” joked Rodriguez. “We’re also playing Wet Hot American Summer on June 11 — we’re going from Michael J. Fox to Tom Cruise to Paul Rudd.”
The Hunger Games and Mean Girls are also on the list, honoring FOTR’s dominant 18-to-32-year-old female demographic. And as always, there will be a music-focused film: The Blues Brothers on June 25.
“What better film to have at Red Rocks, just based on the epic music? We’re hoping it incites the same kind of dancing in your seat that Talking Heads’ Stop Making Sense had a few years ago,” said Rodriguez.