Family with terminally ill child gets nowhere with portrait studio

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

Nathaniel  was only given a few months to live at birth and his Westminster family wanted to have memories to cherish him by.

They say they paid for a portrait session, but the owner has never delivered so they contacted problem solvers.

Now 6  months old, Nathaniel was born with a rare brain disorder.

"They told us that he probably wouldn't make it past two months,” said his mother Brianna Vallejos.

She says the family wanted to document their time with Nathaniel through formal photos to go along with some family pictures.

So his grandmother bought a portrait session with Riza Photography through Marisa Velasquez at a charity auction.

"I paid $150 for two gift certificates which included hair and makeup and the photographer,” said Barbara Vellejos Nathaniel’s grandmother.

She says she bought the package last October.

“It's just something we've been wanting to do for a while since he was born,” said his mother. “But we've kind of been in and out of the hospital."

After months of trying to reach her, the family says the photographer finally scheduled the shoot for last week.

"I verified the night before we are going to meet at this park at noon,” said Barbara, “She said yes I'll be there. I said remember I have a terminally ill child and need to make sure you're going to be there she says no problem… well, she never showed."

The family says they waited in the park over an hour taking their own photos of Nathaniel.

"We tried calling her we tried texting her nothing," said Brianna.

Problem Solvers called and emailed the company several times also with no response.

"I've texted her I've emailed her I’ve sent messages,” said Barbara, “I've had friends call and nothing."

We got no answer at the address listed for Marisa Velasquez in Lakewood.

The company has no listing with the BBB that we could find.

Shortly after we went to the home,  Barbara says she suddenly received a text from Marisa saying,  "Sorry I've been really busy I'm just getting back to people.”

Then Barbara told us she later got another text from Marisa blaming the family for the mix up.

"I would really love the pictures we don't know how long we're going to have him here,” she said, adding that she's given up hope of ever getting them from that company.

Problem Solvers never received a reply from Marisa or the company.


Most Read

Top Stories

More Home Page Top Stories