DENVER (KDVR) – Red Rocks Amphitheatre is presenting a free virtual concert series dubbed “Red Rocks Unpaused.” It will take place from Sept. 1-3 at 8 p.m. each night.
“These may be the hottest three nights of the summer – at any venue in the world,” said Brian Kitts, a Red Rocks spokesman. “The effects of COVID-19 have been devastating for venues everywhere but we’re hoping this provides fans of the artists and the venue with a chance to have some virtual good times.”
The lineup includes: Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats and Phoebe Bridgers on Sept. 1, Lil Baby and Megan Thee Stallion on Sept. 2, and Sam Hunt and Brett Young on Sept. 3.
Artist-audience interaction is being encouraged in the following ways:
- Audience chat messages will be displayed on the faces of the amphitheatre’s rocks for artists to see and react to
- Audience will have the ability to help set off pyrotechnics
- Viewers’ voices will affect the show’s lighting and color schemes
- Viewers will have the ability to vote and choose the final encore song
- There will be interchangeable camera views – letting the audience customize and choose the “seat” from which they’re viewing the show
- Audience polling that changes the outcome of the light show
The series is a partnership between Red Rocks Amphitheatre and Visible, a cellular service sponsor of Denver Arts and Venues.