DENVER — The Denver Police Department released several online dating tips to inform people how to take the danger out of dating online. With new apps and websites making it easier to meet people you don’t know, Denver Police wanted to make sure people are taking the proper precautions and not getting themselves in unsafe situations.
They posted the following five tips to their Facebook page.
• Before you meet in person, don’t give up too much personal information. Keep your address, and other specifics private, until you are sure the person is who they say they are, and are trustworthy.
• When you do meet, meet in a public place, with plenty of eye witnesses, just in case things go south.
• Let your friends and family know where you’ll be, and who you’re meeting.
• Drive yourself to and from your date, so you can control when you decide to go home.
• Stay sober. Don’t impair your judgment on the first date.