AURORA, Colo. (KDVR) — Six teens were taken to the hospital after a shooting at Nome Park in Aurora Monday, a violent incident but one that isn’t uncommon in the area.
FOX31’s Data Desk discovered three aggravated assaults that occurred at the park this year prior to this shooting, including one that was gun-related. Another three gun-related aggravated assaults occurred across the street.
Nome Park was the location of a gang-related shooting in 2019 in which teen Dangelo Domena was charged with attempted first-degree murder.
- ‘I got shot’: Video captures sounds of Aurora drive-by near high school
- Aurora nurse rushes into action after 6 teens shot near her home
- ‘A public health crisis’: Aurora calls emergency meeting after 6 teens shot
- Teens brought to Aurora hospital ERs after shooting near Central High School
- Multiple violent crimes reported at Nome Park before Monday’s shooting
- Aggravated assaults are at record highs in Aurora
- How you can help in the Nome Park drive-by shooting in Aurora
- Politicians react to youth violence after shooting near Aurora high school
- Aurora Nome Park shooting news conference