This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

DENVER — The man accused of fatally killing a woman in a hit-and-run crash then was later found naked in a City Park lake has been charged with first-degree murder, according to court documents released Friday by the Denver District Attorney’s Office.

Tyler White, 25, is accused of killing 28-year-old Ariel Berryman in a crash on Colorado Boulevard at Interstate 70 on Oct. 10. She died of blunt force injuries, the Denver Office of the Medical Examiner said.

Data from White’s vehicle showed he was going 134 mph in a 35 mph zone when he allegedly crashed into Berryman’s vehicle, court records show.

RELATED: New charges for Tyler White

“Tyler White demonstrated through his driving actions an attitude of universal malice manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life and knowingly engaged in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to a person, or persons that caused death to Ms. Ariel Berryman,” according to court records.

The records say White’s Dodge Challenger collided with Berryman’s Toyota Prius while traveling southbound on Colorado Boulevard. Her vehicle then ran into an Acura and into a cement barrier.

White then crashed into a street light and then a Volkswagen, which crashed into a fence and an unoccupied Dodge van.

Records say White then fled the scene before being seen by two fishermen at a lake at City Park, where he was seen “in the center of the lake dancing on the statue/fountain,” records say.

White was then seen swimming back to land, where he collapsed. The fishermen called 911 and officers arrive to arrest White.

According to an earlier probable cause statement, White told a paramedic he was driving in excess of 90 mph at the time of the crash.



White is charged with first-degree murder, two counts of vehicular homicide, one count of leaving the scene of an accident involving death and third-degree assault.

He posted a $25,000 bond on Oct. 23 and was released. A new arrest warrant has been issued. The district attorney’s office is requesting a no-bond hold because of the new charges.