BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — There will not be a Minor League Baseball season in 2020.
The announcement by the MiLB was made Tuesday after Major League Baseball informed them that they would not be providing affiliated players this year. MiLB decided to cancel the season as a result.
“These are unprecedented times for our country and our organization as this is the first time in our history that we’ve had a summer without Minor League Baseball played,” said MiLB President and CEO Pat O’Conner. “While this is a sad day for many, this announcement removes the uncertainty surrounding the 2020 season and allows our teams to begin planning for an exciting 2021 season of affordable family entertainment.”
- Man injured when plane crashes, bursts into flames at Buena Vista Airport
- Virtual Town Hall Wednesday for homeless camp encroaching on Morey Middle School
- Supreme Court sides with Trump in birth control opt-out case
- Newsfeed Now: Interview with President Trump; Good Samaritan pulls driver from fiery crash
- Kanye West says he no longer supports Trump and that he had coronavirus