While the public health order in some counties expired, schools and child care facilities, and other locations continue to require face coverings under federal law or by company decision.
What counties will you still need to wear a mask?
- Adams and Arapahoe Counties (Feb. 4)
- Larimer County (Feb. 12)
- Jefferson County (Feb. 18)
- Boulder County (meeting on Feb. 14 to discuss)
What businesses are still requiring face coverings?
- King Soopers
- Denver Center for the Performing Arts
- Metropolitan State University
- Parlor Doughnuts
What event venues will you still have to mask up?
- Ball Arena
- Mission Ballroom
Federal and state law says you still need to wear a mask
- RTD buses and trains, stations
- Denver International Airport
- All major airline flights
- Homeless shelters
- Community corrections programs and facilities
- Emergency medical and other health care settings (including hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, urgent care centers, long-term care facilities, clinics, doctors’ offices, and non-urgent care medical structures).
Some places, such as Milk Market and all Bonanno Concept eateries, are still requiring proof of vaccination in order to dine there.
Individual restaurants may still require a mask, but the Colorado Restaurant Association said without the public health policies in place, most won’t require masks. Bring one with you before you head out or call ahead and ask if they require one.
This is a preliminary list and additional establishments will be added as we learn about individual mask policies moving forward.