DENVER (KDVR) – Air Care Colorado (ACC) will open 10 inspection stations for vehicle emissions testing on Friday, May 15 at 8 A.M.
To help reduce expecting long wait times during the first few weeks:
- March and April renewals should get their inspections as soon as possible. No late fees will be assessed for a short period after the emissions program resumes.
- May renewals are being urged to NOT get an emissions inspection now, but to wait until June. May registrations will not be late, there is a 30-day grace period following the last day of each renewal month.
- Motorists who applied for and received Registration Extension letters from the Division of Motor Vehicle are urged to wait to get their inspections until June, they will have until June 26 to register their vehicles.
The following Air Care Colorado emissions inspections locations will be open starting May 15 at 8 am:
- Arvada 5185 Marshall St., Arvada, CO, 80002
- Boulder 5655 Airport Blvd., Boulder, CO, 80301
- Broomfield 1609 Teller St., Broomfield, CO, 80020
- County Line 8494 S. Colorado Blvd., Littleton, CO, 80126
- Denver Southeast 10190 E. Warren Ave., Denver, CO, 80231
- Ft. Collins 835 SE Frontage Rd., Ft. Collins, CO, 80524
- Greeley 2844 W. 30th St., Greeley, CO, 80631
- Northglenn 1950 E/112th Ave., Northglenn, CO, 80233
- Sheridan 2802 W. Mansfield Ave., Sheridan, CO, 80110
- Stapleton 12042 E. 30th Ave., Aurora, CO, 80010
Safety measures include:
- Emissions inspectors will wear masks and gloves at all times, practice social distancing as much as possible and periodically clean and disinfect surfaces
- Motorists will be required to wear masks, practice social distancing and be limited to only one person per vehicle
- Customers with vehicles from model year 2000 and newer or model year 1981 and older will pay from their vehicles
- Customers getting emissions tests for vehicles between model years 1982 and 1999 will wait in a booth while their vehicles are tested
- No more than three customers will be allowed in a booth at one time, and they will maintain six feet of distance at all times
- Only one customer will pay at a time as they exit the booth