DENVER (KDVR) – Denver Mayor Michael Hancock announced 8 mandatory furlough days for Denver city employees in a letter sent on Wednesday.
5 scheduled furlough days are paired with holiday and Denver Public School closures:
- July 6 (Monday after Friday holiday)
- September 4 (Friday before Monday holiday)
- October 19 (Monday – DPS closure)
- November 27 (Friday after Thanksgiving)
- December 24 (Christmas Eve)
3 flexible furlough days are to be taken by the end of the year
The CARES Act Federal Pandemic Unemployment compensation benefit may be available to eligible employees.