DENVER (KDVR) — There are over 500 people missing in our state, according to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation’s missing persons database.
Friday is Colorado Missing Persons Day. There will be a series of events held at the Colorado State Capitol to honor the 589 people who have been missing for a year or more in our state.
“While Colorado law enforcement agencies have recorded a number of solved cold cases in the past year, we must never lose sight of the families still left without answers about their missing loved ones,” said CBI Director John Camper. “While we are making great strides in incorporating emerging technologies as part of some cold case investigations, we must continue to also focus our resources on supporting families who are navigating the myriad of challenges associated with having a missing loved one.”
Highlighting cold cases in Colorado
The Problem Solvers are working to highlight cold cases in our state. Here are some of the cases we’ve highlighted:
- Cold case: Who murdered this man on Christmas Eve in 2013?
- Cold case: Who murdered this young mom in 1985?
- Cold case: Who murdered Paul Cortez 12 years ago?
- Cold case: Who killed this 10-year-old boy in 1991?
- Cold case: Who murdered Stephanie Bauman 42 years ago?
- Cold case: Who murdered Jennifer Larsen 27 years ago?
- Cold case: Who shot David Williams to death in 2005?
- Cold case: Who murdered Maggie Long 1,651 days ago?
- Cold case: What happened to Elizabeth Miller 40 years ago?
- Cold case: Who kidnapped Christopher Abeyta 35 years ago?
- Cold case: Who killed JonBenét Ramsey 25 years ago?
- Cold case: Who killed Jessica Bejarano 15 years ago
- Cold case: Where is Terri Ackerman?
- Cold case: Who killed Richard Elliott at a grocery store 23 years ago?
- ‘Don’t ever give up hope’: Cold case: Who killed Edward Steinbach?
- Cold Case: Who killed Denise Davenport 37 years ago?
- Cold case: Who murdered James O’Neal Johnson 23 years ago?
- Cold case: Where is Jennifer Lynn Marcum?
- Cold case: Who murdered Daniel Lell in Aurora in 2013?
- Missing: Highlighting the search for people missing in Colorado
- 18 people remain unidentified in Denver since 1970
If you ever have a cold case you would like us to feature, please fill out this form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org-
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System shows there are over 20,000 open missing persons cases in the United States.