DENVER (KDVR) — There are hundreds of unsolved homicide cases, long-term missing person cases, and unidentified remains cases in Colorado where at least three years have passed since the crime happened.
Who murdered David Williams?
The Colorado Bureau of Investigation is working to solve a cold case murder that happened over 17 years ago in Aurora.
The CBI said David Williams was on the phone with his girlfriend as he pulled into the parking lot of his apartment near 19th Avenue and Del Mar Parkway.
Williams’ girlfriend told police that she heard him get out of his car and heard two “pops” and then heard the phone drop on the ground.
During the investigation, police learned that two suspects jumped out of the bushes and shot Williams twice.
He was taken to the hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
His case remains unsolved to this day.
His best friend, Larry Teamer, reached out to FOX31 in hopes of highlighting Williams’ murder.
“I cry every day about my friend. Someone knows something,” shared Teamer.
Highlighting cold cases in Colorado
Here are some of the other cases we’ve highlighted:
- Cold case: What happened to Edith Lehnerz 26 years ago?
- Cold case: Who murdered Maggie Long 1,651 days ago?
- Cold case: Who murdered Percy Sierra in 2008?
- Cold case: What happened to Mark Bonner 44 years ago?
- Cold case: Who kidnapped Christopher Abeyta 35 years ago?
- Cold case: Who killed JonBenét Ramsey 25 years ago?
- Cold case: Who killed Jessica Bejarano 15 years ago
- Cold case: Where is Terri Ackerman?
- Cold case: Who killed Richard Elliott at a grocery store 23 years ago?
- ‘Don’t ever give up hope’: Cold case: Who killed Edward Steinbach?
- Cold Case: Who killed Denise Davenport 37 years ago?
- Cold case: Who murdered James O’Neal Johnson 23 years ago?
- Cold case: Where is Jennifer Lynn Marcum?
- 18 people remain unidentified in Denver since 1970
If you ever have a cold case you would like us to feature, please fill out this form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org :
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System shows there are currently 21,556 open missing persons cases in the United States and over 300 in Colorado.