DENVER (KDVR) — There are hundreds of unsolved homicide cases, long-term missing person cases, and unidentified remains cases in Colorado where at least three years have passed since the crime happened.
Who killed Percy Sierra?
The Colorado Bureau of Investigation is trying to solve a cold case that dates back to 2008.
The CBI said Percy Sierra was found stabbed to death inside of her home by family members on March 13, 2008, after they were unable to get ahold of her.
Sierra’s home was located near the intersection of West 39th Avenue and Julian Street.
After an investigation by the Denver Police Department, a suspect named Audrey “Earl” Anglin was identified. A warrant was issued for Anglin, but the CBI said he was never arrested.
If you have any information on Anglin’s whereabouts or the murder of Sierra, please contact the Metro Denver Crime Stoppers at 720-913-7867.
Highlighting cold cases in Colorado
Here are some of the other cases we’ve highlighted:
- Cold case: Who murdered Maggie Long 1,651 days ago?
- Cold case: What happened to Mark Bonner 44 years ago?
- Cold case: Who kidnapped Christopher Abeyta 35 years ago?
- Cold case: Who killed JonBenét Ramsey 25 years ago?
- Cold case: Who killed Jessica Bejarano 15 years ago
- Cold case: Where is Terri Ackerman?
- Cold case: Who killed Richard Elliott at a grocery store 23 years ago?
- ‘Don’t ever give up hope’: Cold case: Who killed Edward Steinbach?
- Cold Case: Who killed Denise Davenport 37 years ago?
- Cold case: Who murdered James O’Neal Johnson 23 years ago?
- Cold case: Where is Jennifer Lynn Marcum?
- 18 people remain unidentified in Denver since 1970
If you ever have a cold case you would like us to feature, please fill out this form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org :
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System shows there are currently 21,556 open missing persons cases in the United States and over 300 in Colorado.