DENVER (KDVR) — There are hundreds of unsolved homicide cases, long-term missing person cases, and unidentified remains cases in Colorado where at least three years have passed since the crime happened.
Who murdered Jennifer Larsen 27 years ago?
Jennifer Larsen’s father reported her missing on Aug. 13, 1995 to the Aurora Police Department after he could not reach her.
Larsen was last seen leaving a friend’s home after a party in Aurora on Layton Drive on Aug. 10, 1995.
The sheriff’s office said Larsen’s friend and another man who was at the party said that she left around 4 a.m. the next morning. However, a neighbor said she woke up to her dogs barking around 6 a.m. and watch a woman leave and get into a red car. She was never seen again.
Larsen drove a red 1994 Toyota coupe.
A little more than a week later, her car was found abandoned by the same friend and man from the party.
Six weeks after that, a farmer found Larsen’s body in a field of sunflowers in Strasburg.
“Several strong suspect leads have been developed in this case, to include the male companion of Jenny’s best friend with his history of violence towards women, as well as other acquaintances and “friends of
friends” who identified with Jenny’s carefree lifestyle,” the sheriff’s office said.
To this day, Larsen’s case remains unsolved.
If you have any information, please contact the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office. You can also reach out to Metro Denver Crime Stoppers and remain anonymous by calling 720-913-7867.
Highlighting cold cases in Colorado
Here are some of the other cases we’ve highlighted:
- Cold case: Who murdered Maggie Long 1,651 days ago?
- Cold case: What happened to Elizabeth Miller 40 years ago?
- Cold case: Who kidnapped Christopher Abeyta 35 years ago?
- Cold case: Who killed JonBenét Ramsey 25 years ago?
- Cold case: Who killed Jessica Bejarano 15 years ago
- Cold case: Where is Terri Ackerman?
- Cold case: Who killed Richard Elliott at a grocery store 23 years ago?
- ‘Don’t ever give up hope’: Cold case: Who killed Edward Steinbach?
- Cold Case: Who killed Denise Davenport 37 years ago?
- Cold case: Who murdered James O’Neal Johnson 23 years ago?
- Cold case: Where is Jennifer Lynn Marcum?
- Cold case: Who murdered Daniel Lell in Aurora in 2013?
- Missing: Highlighting the search for people missing in Colorado
- 18 people remain unidentified in Denver since 1970
If you ever have a cold case you would like us to feature, please fill out this form or send an email to email@example.com :
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System shows there are currently 21,556 open missing persons cases in the United States and over 300 in Colorado.