DENVER (KDVR) — There are hundreds of unsolved homicide cases, long-term missing person cases, and unidentified remains cases in Colorado where at least three years have passed since the crime happened.
What happened to Marie Blee 42 years ago?
The Colorado Bureau of Investigation and Moffat County Sheriff’s Office are searching for Marie Blee who went missing on Nov. 21,1979.
Blee, 15-years-old at the time, was last seen at a party at the Shadow Mountain Village mobile home park in Craig.
Investigators said Blee told a friend that she had a ride home with someone. Blee was never seen or heard from again.
The photo on the left is Blee when she was 15 years old. The photo on the right was age progressed by 45 years.
At the time of her disappearance, Blee had strawberry blonde hair. She has blue eyes.
A friend of Blee’s reached out to FOX31 in hopes of finding out what happened to her. If you have any information, please contact the Moffat County Sheriff’s Office at 970-824-4495.
Highlighting cold cases in Colorado
Here are some of the other cases we’ve highlighted:
- Cold case: Who murdered Maggie Long 1,651 days ago?
- Cold case: What happened to Elizabeth Miller 40 years ago?
- Cold case: Who kidnapped Christopher Abeyta 35 years ago?
- Cold case: Who killed JonBenét Ramsey 25 years ago?
- Cold case: Who killed Jessica Bejarano 15 years ago
- Cold case: Where is Terri Ackerman?
- Cold case: Who killed Richard Elliott at a grocery store 23 years ago?
- ‘Don’t ever give up hope’: Cold case: Who killed Edward Steinbach?
- Cold Case: Who killed Denise Davenport 37 years ago?
- Cold case: Who murdered James O’Neal Johnson 23 years ago?
- Cold case: Where is Jennifer Lynn Marcum?
- Cold case: Who murdered Daniel Lell in Aurora in 2013?
- Missing: Highlighting the search for people missing in Colorado
- 18 people remain unidentified in Denver since 1970
If you ever have a cold case you would like us to feature, please fill out this form or send an email to email@example.com :
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System shows there are currently 21,556 open missing persons cases in the United States and over 300 in Colorado.