DENVER (KDVR) — There are hundreds of unsolved homicide cases, long-term missing person cases, and unidentified remains cases in Colorado where at least three years have passed since the crime happened.
The Colorado cold case task force created a list of those cases dating back to 1970. The Problem Solvers are working to highlight cold cases in our state.
Nonnie Ann Dotson
The Colorado Bureau of Investigation and Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office are working to find a woman who went missing on Nov. 19, 2006.
The sheriff’s office said Nonnie Dotson, 33, was last seen at her brother’s home in Littleton. She did not have a vehicle, so investigators said she either left on foot or was given a ride by someone.
The sheriff’s office said Dotson arrived in Colorado on a commercial airline three days prior to her disappearance. She flew in from San Antonio, Texas, which is where she was on active duty serving as a nurse with the United States Air Force.
Dotson did not return to active duty as she was scheduled to, and the return flight portion of her ticket was never used.
The CBI said Dotson was scheduled to discharge from the Air Force in March 2007, less than four months after her disappearance.
Dotson was a single mom to a 16-month-old daughter. The CBI said she was not known to use drugs and only drank alcohol socially.
“She was very involved with western/country dancing and frequented western/country dance clubs in Colorado and Texas. She was known to have been involved in online dating and dating websites,” the CBI said.
Dotson’s family is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to her whereabouts. Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to please contact the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office.
Highlighting cold cases in Colorado
Here are some of the other cases we’ve highlighted:
- Cold case: Who murdered this young mom in 1985?
- Cold case: What happened to this woman who disappeared in 1990?
- Cold case: Who killed this 10-year-old boy in 1991?
- Cold case: Who murdered Stephanie Bauman 42 years ago?
- Cold case: Who murdered Jennifer Larsen 27 years ago?
- Cold case: Who shot David Williams to death in 2005?
- Cold case: Who murdered Maggie Long 1,651 days ago?
- Cold case: What happened to Elizabeth Miller 40 years ago?
- Cold case: Who kidnapped Christopher Abeyta 35 years ago?
- Cold case: Who killed JonBenét Ramsey 25 years ago?
- Cold case: Who killed Jessica Bejarano 15 years ago
- Cold case: Where is Terri Ackerman?
- Cold case: Who killed Richard Elliott at a grocery store 23 years ago?
- ‘Don’t ever give up hope’: Cold case: Who killed Edward Steinbach?
- Cold Case: Who killed Denise Davenport 37 years ago?
- Cold case: Who murdered James O’Neal Johnson 23 years ago?
- Cold case: Where is Jennifer Lynn Marcum?
- Cold case: Who murdered Daniel Lell in Aurora in 2013?
- Missing: Highlighting the search for people missing in Colorado
- 18 people remain unidentified in Denver since 1970
If you ever have a cold case you would like us to feature, please fill out this form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org-
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System shows there over 20,000 open missing persons cases in the United States and over 300 in Colorado.