This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LAFAYETTE, Colo. — Twenty-two people, mostly children were taken to hospitals Saturday afger a chemical incident at a Lafayete recreation center on Saturday, the Lafayette Fire Department said.

Firefighters did not find a spill or a leak at the Bob L. Burger Recreation Center (111 Baseline Road), Lafayette Fire Chief David Friedel said.

The 22 were in the pool area about 4 p.m., and had symptoms of coughing, nausea and vomiting. The recreation center was evacuated with people going to Pioneer Elementary School.

Seven patients were taken to Good Samaritan Medical Center in Lafayette. All of them are expected to be treated and released, hospital officials said.

Crews transported two patients to the north campus of Children’s Hospital. One was treated and released, while the other was still being checked out on Saturday night.

Initially, Boulder County dispatchers said the situation was caused by a chlorine leak, but city officials said the hazardous material team did not detect any gas or any chemicals in the air that might have been the cause of the illnesses.

The recreation center will remain closed Sunday, but staff will open the facility from noon to 5 p.m. to allow those who left during the evacuation to retrieve their belongings. It has not been decided whether the center will reopen Monday.

[protected-iframe id=”12814f7fbc61ceadd927474ac26aaaa3-29290497-62452405″ info=”!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d10280.066169135074!2d-105.09660325273904!3d40.002149054813096!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x876bf4fa09bcb075%3A0x3b2d834c3865d73b!2sBob+L+Burger+Recreation+Center!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1458557799166″ width=”100%” height=”450″ frameborder=”0″ style=”border:0″ allowfullscreen=””]