Avon man in hospital after cooking fire

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

AVON, Colo. — Eagle River Fire Department responded to a fire house alarm at 12:45 a.m. on Saturday.

When the fire crew arrived, they found a male in his 20s unresponsive in his basement, Tracy LeClair, a representative from the Eagle River Fire Department said.

The man was taken to Vail Valley Medical Center for possible smoke inhalation, his condition is unknown at this time.

According to the National Fire Protection Agency, cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires and home injuries. The leading cause of fires in the kitchen is unattended cooking.

Eagle River Fire Department warns the public to use a timer when cooking and to not leave the oven or  stove unattended.

This story will be updated when more information becomes available.  

Most Read

Top Stories

More Home Page Top Stories