Recent Articles
  • Fort Worth Water mascot challenges Denver Water to a dance-off

    DENVER– After receiving a Twitter challenge from Fort Worth Water, Denver Water made it clear that providing safe water to 1.4 million people is not the only thing on their minds. Hey @MySAWS & @DenverWater! Do your mascots want to get in on this #DanceOff we're currently having with @savedallaswater? — Fort Worth Water (@FWWater) March 15, 2019 Denver Water responded to the dance-off challenge with synth pop’s one-hit wonder, “Take On Me”  a song by A-ha.  @FWWater challenged […]

  • Magic Yarn Project giving hope to kids battling cancer

    DENVER – Fighting cancer takes incredible strength. One non-profit is giving the smallest patients and extra boost by using yarn and some magical inspiration to make them feel special. It’s called the Magic Yarn Project.  Click here for more information.

  • Thousands of kids’ penguin cardigan sets recalled over choking hazard

    DENVER — More than 100,000 children’s penguin cardigan sets manufactured by Carter’s are being recalled because the toggle button can detach, which poses a choking hazard to young kids, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. “For over 150 years, Carter’s has worked diligently to earn the trust of generations of families – a trust we work hard to maintain. As part of that trust and overall commitment to safety, we wanted to make you aware of a potential safety […]

  • PAW Patrol accessories recalled because of fire, burn hazards

    WASHINGTON — A popular PAW Patrol accessory set is getting recalled because the batteries in the flashlight can overheat, posing a burn and fire hazard. The recall involves Nickelodeon PAW Patrol Deluxe Marshall Hats that were sold with a flashlight. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, flashlights with SKU 01292093 and date codes 1703RY01, 1603RY01 and 1503RY01 are involved in the recall. The SKU number and date codes are on the sewn in label under the ear on the […]

  • Fall hazard leads to recall of Graco highchairs sold exclusively at Walmart

    WASHINGTON — Graco has issued a recall for approximately 36,000 highchairs that were sold exclusively at Walmart. “Graco has received 38 reports of the rear leg pivoting out of position, including five injuries to children who got bumps and bruises when their highchair fell over when they were in it,” according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. The Graco Table2Table 6-in-1 highchairs were sold from October 2016 through December 2017 and have model number 1969721. “We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience […]

  • Burn hazard prompts recall of outdoor gas fire pits 

    WASHINGTON — About 58,000 Hampton Bay outdoor gas fire pits have been recalled because the product poses a burn hazard. “The bowl base of the fire pits lacks a heat shield to protect consumers from burns while turning off the propane tank after use, posing a burn hazard,” according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Three instances of people getting burned while turning off the propane tank have been reported, the CPSC said.. The Hampton Bay 50,000 BTU, 30 inch […]

  • Burn hazard prompts KitchenAid electric kettle recall

    WASHINGTON — Whirlpool has issued a recall for thousands of KitchenAid electric kettles because the handle might detach, which could cause the contents to spill. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the company has received 79 reports of the handles coming off in the United States, including three that resulted in minor burns. About 40,000 units were sold in the United States. The KitchenAid 1.7 Liter Electric Kettles were sold from September 2013 to February 2018 in stainless steel, red, […]

  • Douglas County parents concerned after strange call placed through district’s emergency system

    DOUGLAS COUNTY, Colo. — Parents said they received a strange call through the Douglas County School District’s emergency system. The school district said a phone message was sent out Thursday that said the “board is considering pursing additional funding from voters.” “The message was sent via the wrong communications channel. It was sent via our emergency system instead of through our regular communications system,” spokeswoman Stacy Rader said. “This was 100 percent human error on our part. The Communications Office […]

  • Victim benefits bill passes committee, moves to Senate floor

    DENVER — A bill that would provide medical benefits to the survivors of fallen officers and other state employees who die while on the job is moving forward. The Senate Health and Human Services Committee passed Senate Bill 148 with a 5-0 vote on Thursday and it will now move to the Senate floor. The widow of Colorado State Patro trooper Cody Donahue, Velma Donahue, spoke at the Colorado State Capitol on Thursday afternoon. Her husband was killed on Nov. 25, […]

  • Body discovered in vehicle near Brighton dog park

    BRIGHTON, Colo. — A body was found Wednesday afternoon inside a vehicle, the Brighton Police Department said. Officers responded about 3:20 p.m. to a suspicious vehicle near the dog park on Judicial Center Drive near the Brighton City Sports Complex. Officers discovered a deceased person inside the vehicle, which was found south of the dog park, police said. Police did not release any more information about the person. Police said they do not believe there is any threat to the public.

  • Thousands of VTech travel mobiles recalled over injury hazard

    WASHINGTON — VTech has issued recalls for two popular products. The company has recalled thousands of Lights & Lullabies travel mobiles and Shake & Sing Elephant Rattles. Lights & Lullabies travel mobiles are being recalled because the clamp that attaches the mobile to the crib can break, which might cause it to fall, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Two model numbers have been recalled: 80-503000 (blue) and 80-503050 (pink). According to the CPSC, the pink mobiles were exclusively […]

  • Thousands of VTech infant rattles recalled over choking hazard

    WASHINGTON — VTech has issued a recall for roughly 280,000 Shake & Sing Elephant Rattles because the ears can break off, posing a choking hazard. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, no injures have been reported. “We have received 53,302 consumer complaints that the ears on the elephant rattle can break off, posing a choking hazard to young children,” VTech posted in a recall alert on its website. Rattles with model number 80-184800 and UPC Code 3417761848005 are being recalled. The units […]

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.