Traffic Alert: Part of I-70 closed until Monday morning; See alternate routes

Recent Articles
  • 8 restaurants at DIA cleared to reopen after discolored water forced shutdowns

    DENVER– Restaurants at DIA that were forced to close due to discolored water on Friday have been given the go-ahead to reopen as tests returned results determining the water has reached acceptable levels. Construction on Concourse C is believed to have kicked up sediment into the water line. Original story below: The Denver Department of Public Health & Environment has shut down eight restaurants at Denver International Airport due to discolored water. The health department took the precautionary move Friday […]

  • Fly strips full of flies violation for “F” grades on report card

    Yummy Yummy The Wheat Ridge restaurant failed with 10 health code violations in July including: Roaches Rodents Fly strips full flies Raw been stored over ready to eat veggies Melon cucumber salad thrown out for being too warm The problem solvers called and left messages and went by the restaurant to speak to someone, but employees said there was no one to speak to.   Inspectors returned twice to ensure food safety and gave them a passing grade ten days after […]

  • Raw meat stored over vegetables serious mistake for failed restaurants

    DENVER — Each week, FOX31 and Channel 2 report on recent health inspections for restaurants in the Denver area. Nile Ethiopian Restaurant The Aurora restaurant scored 9 health code issues in June but passed a follow up inspection on July 8. The issues included: No food protection manager Ice handled with bare hands Raw meat stored over vegetables Mold on the wall Floors soiled with food debris and grime Nile sent the following statement: “Nile Ethiopian Restaurant is a family owned […]

  • State investigating Westminster pet store; owner admits disease outbreak

    WESTMINSTER, Colo. — A local pet store, Puppies N Stuff, is under investigation by the state. The store’s owner admitted to the FOX31 Problem Solvers the Westminster store suffered a deadly disease outbreak. FOX31 also uncovered multiple reports of people purchasing puppies from the store, only for the dogs to become sick and die within a few weeks. “If we wanted to treat him, it would be $5,000 and there was no guarantee that he would still make it,” Samantha […]

  • Lack of washing hands and wearing gloves common issue

    Fontana Sushi Denver inspectors returned twice in June after finding 10 critical health code mistakes in May.  The issues include: Operator wash hands 5 seconds Rodent droppings Heavily cracked cutting boards Dishes in hand sink Grease and grime We contacted the restaurant multiple times, but did not hear back.  An employee told us there was not a manager or owner available when we stopped by the West Cross Dr location. Fontana passed its follow up inspections. Guadalajara Mexican Buffet A […]

  • Dish machines not cleaning and sanitizing at Evergreen and Arvada restaurants

    DENVER — Each week, FOX31 and Channel 2 report on recent health inspections for restaurants in the Denver area. This week, we featured one failed location in Arvada, one failed location in Evergreen and a winner in Denver. El Señor Sol Mexican Restaurant A Jefferson county inspector failed the Evergreen location for 11 serious issues in June. The mistakes include: Cutting board covered in meat juice Dish machine not sanitizing Employee not washing hands No certified food safety manager The […]

  • Lack of food protection manager a health risk at failed Littleton and Thornton restaurants

    DENVER — Each week, FOX31 and Channel 2 report on recent health inspections for restaurants in the Denver area. This week, we featured one failed location in Littleton, one failed location in Thornton and a winner in Littleton. India’s Best Restaurant and Bar The Littleton restaurant failed with 10 critical health code violations in June.   Among the mistakes: Cooked and raw chicken were thrown out because they were held wrong temperature No certified food protection manager was on site The […]

  • Lake Powell rises nearly 20 feet thanks to historic Colorado snowfall

    BULLFROG, Utah — Lake Powell in Glen Canyon National Recreation area continues to benefit from Colorado’s record snowfall. The more than two dozen reservoirs that feed Powell are at 92% capacity and the lake is up more than 19.26 feet from last year, according to the park. “I’ve been coming here since I was a baby, so for 19 years. It’s scary when the lake is low,” Parker resident Ryan Kennedy said. The Kennedys make a yearly trek to Powell […]

  • Restaurant Report Card: Weak or toxic sanitizer a serious issue for failed locations

    Puerto Rico 5280 A Denver health inspector found nine critical health code issues in June. The mistakes include: Employee handling raw meat then cooked food Dog in basement Toxic sanitizer When the restaurant did not return our messages, we stopped for a look.  An employee told us there wasn’t a manager at the restaurant.  5280, located at 3109 North Federal Blvd., passed its follow up. Sushi Mango This Highlands Ranch restaurant scored eight critical health code issues in June.  The […]

  • First full year of scooters in Denver comes with some complaints

    DENVER — Electric scooters arrived in Denver about one year ago. Since then, they have become extremely popular as an alternative to walking, biking and driving. “People are using scooters to replace walking trips, but also to replace those vehicle trips as well,” said Heather Burke with Denver’s Department of Public Works, which runs the pilot program in the city. In the program’s first year, the popularity of scooters has exploded, from a couple hundred to 2,840. According to data […]

  • Restaurant Report Card: Eating while cooking an issue for popular pizza place

    DENVER — Each week, FOX31 and Channel 2 report on recent health inspections for restaurants in the Denver area. This week, we featured one failed location in Congress Park one failed location in Jefferson County and a winner in southwest Denver. Blue Pan Pizza (Congress Park location) The Congress Park pizza parlor failed Restaurant Report Card with 10 critical health code violations in June. The inspectors found: An employee was eating while preparing pizza Dish machine measured zero for chlorine […]

  • Restaurant Report Card: Multiple health code issues at failed locations

    DENVER — Each week, FOX31 and Channel 2 report on recent health inspections for restaurants in the Denver area. This week, we featured two failed locations Denver and a winner in Jefferson County. Saigon Bowl The west Denver restaurant failed with 11 critical health code violations in May. An inspector found the following problems: Cooked chicken, shrimp and eggs rolls were held at the wrong temperature A container full of meat was too warm after sitting on a counter for […]

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.