Boy killed in Christmas Eve fire in Craig likely sparked it

CRAIG, Colo. — Authorities believe a Craig boy who died in a Christmas Eve fire at his house likely sparked the blaze himself.

Police Capt. Bill Leonard told the Craig Daily Press that materials found in the bedroom of 3-year-old Lane Ernest Cullen in Craig suggest he had been playing with fire.

He said the case is being sent to the district attorney’s office to see if any criminal charges should be filed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.