DENVER -- As the partial government shutdown enters its fifth week, some of the many Coloradans who work for the federal government are struggling financially.
Thankfully, a number of local businesses and organizations have offers aimed at helping federal workers impacted by the shutdown. Below is a growing list of offers available:
- Alpine Bank is offering interest-free personal loans equal to a worker's monthly pay (even for federal employees who are not customers, but they must establish a checking account).
- Big Red F Restaurant Group (The Post Brewing Co., Jax Fish House & Oyster Bar, Centro Mexican Kitchen, West End Tavern and Zolo Grill) is offering free weekday lunches.
- Colorado Credit Union is offering interest-free loans worth two paychecks for existing and new members. Those with loans can also get payment modifications.
- Colorado Railroad Museum is providing free admission to federal workers and their immediate families.
- Credit Union of Denver and Sunwest Educational Credit Union are offering payment deferrals and interest-free loans.
- Dazzle downtown is offering various free meals.
- Denver Art Museum is providing free admission to furloughed workers and one guest each.
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science is providing free admission to furloughed workers and one guest each.
- Denver Women's Chorus is offering free tickets to its concert on Jan. 26 at Central Presbyterian Church downtown. Call 303-325-3959 for more information.
- Elevations Credit Union is offering "skip-a-pay" on loans for customers in good standing. Interest-free personal loans equal to a worker's monthly pay are also available.
- Fazoli's is offering a free "pizza baked spaghetti" with the purchase of a drink until Jan. 20.
- Four Mile Historic Park is providing free admission to furloughed workers and their immediate families.
- Fred Astaire Dance Studio is offering select free group classes at its two metro locations. Contact for details: Westminster; Parker.
- Keller Bros. Auto Repair in Littleton is offering free flat tire repair, free brake inspection, and 50 percent off an oil change. The offer will last for two weeks after the shutdown ends.
- Lucha Cantina is offering various free meals.
- Metrum Credit Union is offering interest-free personal loans equal to a worker's monthly pay.
- Modern Market Eatery is offering free grain bowls after 5 p.m. every Friday through Sunday until the shutdown ends.
- Papa John's in Brighton is offering two one-topping pizzas and a 2-liter soda for free.
- Walnut Cafe is offering free breakfast.
- Wave the Grain is offering a free small coffee and any one item worth up to $5.
Note that the companies above require the presentation of a valid federal government employee ID to redeem the offers.
Do you know of another offer for federal workers? Let us know! Click "Suggest a correction" below.AlertMe