AURORA, Colo. -- Aurora Fire Rescue crews were investigating a gas leak north of the Murphy Creek neighborhood late Tuesday afternoon.
A FOX31 viewer said Aurora Fire told nearby residents to shelter in place.
"A continuous roar like a jet engine can be heard for a long distance," a witness said.
Aurora Fire said the gas line was shut off before 5 p.m. but it continued to bleed off gas. Crews were staying in the area to monitor air quality.
This happened in the area of the 24000 block of East Mississippi Avenue.
The fire department cleared from the scene and lifted the shelter in place recommendation at about 6 p.m.
This is a breaking news story. FOX31 and Channel 2 News will have new information soon.
For alerts on the latest breaking news, download our app for iPhone and Android.