LAKEWOOD, Colo. -- Fire officials say a Lakewood home is most likely a total loss after a fire Sunday afternoon. West Metro Fire Rescue said the fire happened on the 1300 block of South Depew Street.
Neighbors said a Vietnam War veteran owns the home. He was pulled from the house by a neighbor after the fire started.
West Metro said the homeowner was taken to a hospital. Neighbors said he is expected to be OK.
The owner's dog walked out of the home on its own.
West Metro said it believes the fire was started by a wood-burning stove.