Neighbor rescues veteran from burning Lakewood home

LAKEWOOD, Colo. -- Fire officials say a Lakewood home is most likely a total loss after a fire Sunday afternoon. West Metro Fire Rescue said the fire happened on the 1300 block of South Depew Street.

Neighbors said a Vietnam War veteran owns the home. He was pulled from the house by a neighbor after the fire started.

West Metro said the homeowner was taken to a hospital. Neighbors said he is expected to be OK.

The owner's dog walked out of the home on its own.

West Metro said it believes the fire was started by a wood-burning stove.

AlertMe
Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.