THORNTON, Colo. — Firefighters worked to contain a two-alarm structure fire in Thornton on Tuesday.
The fire broke out about 2:30 p.m. at 4462 E. 121st Way. It was contained by 2:50 p.m.
Authorities with the Thornton Fire Department said the fire initially started inside a shed and eventually moved to two nearby houses.
Everyone in the building was evacuated with some exhibiting signs of smoke inhalation. There is no word on whether anyone was taken to a hospital for treatment.
A spokesman said either an oxygen or propane tank was hit by the fire and caused a small explosion.