Loveland hotel evacuated after gas leak

LOVELAND, Colo. — A hotel was evacuated on Sunday after a gas leak was discovered inside the walls, Loveland Fire Rescue Authority said.

The fire department arrived at the My Place Hotel located off Clydesdale Parkway around 3 p.m. on a report of burnt food.

After investigating, officials found the gas leak in the interior of the walls.

Authorities said the gas is isolated and is not affecting surrounding buildings. The hotel was evacuated as a precaution as authorities ventilated the building.

The source of the gas leak is unknown, according to the fire department.