DENVER — The leaves are already turning and it’s just a matter of time before the color peaks.
The northern mountains will see colors peak in the next two weeks.
Then the central mountains, including the Interstate 70 corridor, can expect peak color from Sept. 16-30.
Finally, the southern mountains can expect peak color the last week of September through the first week of October.
Lower elevations, including the Front Range, can expect peak color during October.
A few recommendations on where to see some great fall colors.
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Rabbit Ears Pass and Steamboat Springs
- Guanella Pass
- Vail — Interstate 70
- Highway 82 over Independence Pass
- Highway 133 over McClure Pass
- Highway 65 over the Grand Mesa
- Highway 62 over the Dallas Divide
- Highway 550 through Ouray, Silverton and Durango
- Highway 12 over Kebler Pass