Pinpoint Weather Alert Day: Cold temperatures, light snow and slick roads Saturday

‘Carelessly discarded smoking materials’ spark house fire in Centennial

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CENTENNIAL, Colo. — An early morning fire caused extensive damage to a home in 7400 block of East Davies Place in Centennial.

South Metro Fire Rescue determined the fire was caused by “carelessly discarded smoking materials” which caught the outside of the house on fire.

A resident told FOX31 Denver it was cigarette butts.

South Metro and Littleton firefighters responded to the scene on Sunday morning.

The Red Cross is assisting the two adults and two children who were displaced by the fire.

 

AlertMe